Thursday, July 26, 2012

Recycling!

Well I hope this don't go off wrong... but if it does I hope I can explain myself well enough.

We just moved not long ago to another state. This state says we have to recycle everything. Which is fine with me.  I can handle the recycling, well anyway I thought I could..

Well they want you to recycle you might as well take a full time job of it.   Everything has to be cleaned out well, dried and  no labels on anything....

newspapers have to be tied in bundle with a string you can get from them... they will add to your trash bill if you need some....


cardboard the same way.....

nothing can be smashed or crushed or they wouldn't take it..

everything has to fit in a little blue container.. and they pick it up once a week..







Ok you want me to recycle to help the world.  I want to recycle to help the world.  but I don't want to work 40 hours a week to do it..

Also you have to leave the blue container by road and it has to be 3 feet away from automobiles and other trash containers or they will drive by and not pick it up.


My oh my what is going on with this picture...



Well one thing the container is kind of small for a family of 4... we drink alot of water and we buy our water so we have plastic bottles  and then all our soda cans well thats not many not a big soda drinker...

then with the move all the cardboard boxes and they also have to tie and cut to a size I think its 2 x 2  man I am going to cutting for a month...

There is always something to keep us going and on our toes. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi there good lookin'! We recycle here too ,but not to the degree that is expected of you! My goodness. We have the same blue box too. I take our aluminum cans to the humane society and they turn them in for cash. W don't drink bottled water but do have a lot of milk containers! It's just the two of us too.
    Best of luck in your new home nd state!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know mamma everything is different I will get use to it, just takes time

    ReplyDelete