Saturday, October 29, 2011

Why Parents Drink!


> Why Parents Drink


> A father passing by his son's bedroom was astonished to see that his bed was nicely made and everything was picked up. Then he saw an envelope, propped up prominently on the pillow that was

> addressed to 'Dad'.


> With the worst premonition, he opened the envelope with

> trembling hands and read the letter.


> Dear Dad:


> It is with great regret and sorrow that I'm writing you. I had to elope with my new girlfriend because I wanted to avoid a scene with Mom and you.


> I have been finding real passion with Stacy and she is so nice.


> But I knew you would not approve of her because of all her piercing, tattoos, tight motorcycle clothes and the fact that she is much older than I am. But it' s not only the passion. . . Dad, she's pregnant.


> Stacy said that we will be very happy. She owns a trailer in the woods and has a stack of firewood for the whole winter. We share a dream of having many more children. Stacy has opened my eyes to the fact that marijuana doesn't really hurt anyone. We'll be growing it for ourselves and trading it with the other people that live nearby for cocaine and ecstasy.


> In the meantime we will pray that science will find a cure for AIDS so Stacy can get better. She deserves it.


> Don't worry Dad. I'm 15 and I know how to take care of myself.


> Someday I'm sure that we will be back to visit so that you can get

> to know your grandchildren.


> Love,

> Your Son,

> John


> PS. Dad, none of the above is true. I'm over at Tommy's house.

> I Just wanted to remind you that there are worse things in life than the Report Card that's in my center desk drawer.


> I love you. Call me when it's safe to come home...



Friday, October 28, 2011

Daddy Wolf!

Sorry haven't been around blogging, not that I have forgotten about you all. But, Daddy Wolf has had surgery.  He had the veins in his leg strip.  Now they say this will took some of the leg pain away along with back pain.

We are hoping so.   They do it so different now days. Its a in day thing and they don't really take them out they cut very small holes by the veins then burn the veins shut do a couple of things then they are done go to the next. They say the vein will dissolve in his body in time.  

He been in some pain, but did go back to work and worked hard. His legs are all black and blue and they say that is common too.  So, now we are waiting and hoping with the healing and time it helps.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Did something I haven't done in I don't know when?

Today after going over the big bridge to the big city to pick up our oldest wolf daughter from college. The traffic was bad up so bad it took me double the time to get there and back.  

So, by the time I got back I was tired and stress out. I am not much of person for city and back up traffic driving.  Never have been. Guess that is why I pick small towns to live in.

We decide we would make lunch and sit and watch The New Winnie the Pooh Movie. Yea we know its for the young ones but once in a while its fun to go back and dream and take all your stress away.  That is what Winnie the Pooh does.

Winnie the Pooh is a cute movie and wonderful show.   If you can the next time you are up town. Rent it from your favorite place, grab a bowl of popcorn and enjoy. 

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Sometimes I just don't get it.

That is people in general they never talked to you before or have anything to do with you till someone is around or they want to sell you something.  Or get into your business. 

People sometimes I think have way to much time on there hands and just don't know what to do with it all.

Yes, we homeschool and a lot of people know we do. A lot thinks it great and some don't. But, you know what that is fine too.  Its a free world we all can do what we feel is best for your family.

Sometimes this might work for our family but not yours.   That is why when you go to the store there is tons and tons of cereal to choice from we all have different taste. 

You shouldn't judge someone because we all have different taste or do thinks different. 

That's what makes this world turn around.  Don't want everyone to be the same. 

What a boring world we would live in.

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Good one

Yes, I'm a woman. I push doors that clearly say PULL. I laugh harder when I try to explain why I'm laughing. I walk into a room and forget why I was there. I count on my fingers in math. I hide the pain from my loved ones. I say it is a long story when it's really not. I cry a lot more than you think I do. I care about people who don't care about me. I try to do things before the microwave beeps!! I listen to you even when you don't listen to me. And a hug will always help. Yes, I'm a girl!!!!! This made me giggle, because it is so true!!!!

Sometimes you just have to give up!

Sometimes you just have to give up on people and go on.  You did everything you can and it still don't work. 

Like I told the Wolf Daughters you can say you try and if it don't work then its not worth it. 

Some people just want to be made out there are perfect and never do anything wrong.  Don't think so there is only one perfect person and he is above. 

We all make mistakes that is where we learn from. Its just if we are big enough to admit we made mistake and go on from there. 

Yes its hard to admit we make mistakes but it shows we are strong and willing to change if we do admit it. 

Friday, October 21, 2011

So Cute!

Cute Cartoon to end another great week of school at Wolf Bay High!

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Do It Anyway

"People are often unreasonable, illogical and self-centered; Forgive them anyway. If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; Be kind anyway. If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies; Succeed anyway. If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you.  Be honest and frank anyway. What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight. Build anyway. If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous; Be happy anyway. The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow; Do good anyway. Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough; Give the world the best you've got anyway. You see, in the final analysis it is between you and God: It was never between you and them anyway"

 Poem:  By Mother Teresa

This is so true. 

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

So True!

Cold Front Came!

Yea!  There is other temps out there beside 110.  

The cold front arrived this morning with high winds and cooler temps.  Now I hope it stays awhile.  Still not cold enough to turn a/c off but hey its better.  

Now if we can get some more rain here in Texas we would be doing good. 

But, you know  you wouldn't here any complaints from this house if the temps stay under 90 or 100 we are doing fine. 

Off to school we go with a smile on our face. If there wasn't so much wind would be outside doing school today. But, think we will take a walk later.

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Shell Shock!

Today Daddy Wolf and I went to the store for coffee and oil for the van.  Wow! When we went to get the oil the price of a quart of oil hit me.   Where have I been? Must of been in my cave for a long winter nap.  Think I need to go back there. 

Quart of oil was $4.18 for Quaker wow that is a lot. I remember when it was $1.08 quart.  

Then I started looking around at other things and just looking at how high everything is getting. 

Wow! then they wonder why no is doing good or having money troubles.  A loaf of bread is over $2 a loaf. A dozen of eggs is close to $ 2.00. 

Scary, everything going up but the pay checks.   

Maybe we need to move and plant a garden to help with the food. Or go back in my cave.

Thursday, October 13, 2011


Biology is a fun class to do and you learn a lot wonderful things.

Somethings are just a little uncomfortable for others.  We are doing the human body and chain.  Poor Daddy Wolf at the supper table, when we tell him some of the things we learn that day,

You know one thing that has been hard for Daddy Wolf and I is the fact that these little Wolf Puppies had to grow up and they grew up so fast.  

Anyway back to where we were at the supper table talking about the human body and how its made and changes.  When youngest Wolf Daughter tells Daddy Wolf something his face turns red and his jaws just about drop to the floor.  I don't think its because he didn't know it I think its because his baby is growing up and learning a lot things you have keep quiet about for awhile. 

Any way there are a lot of wonderful on line web sites that help you get through  some of this and also help you say some of these big words. 

Because as you all know the English language loves to put letters and add letters where there not need so sometime saying these words aren't the right way. 

So, we are having fun not only learning new words but seeing where they are on the human body and how it works. 

Tuesday, October 11, 2011


Coupon is a lot a work. Its a job all in its self.  You can work on looking for coupons and cutting them out around 2 to 3 hours a week.  Is it worth it?  Yes and No.  Sometimes I don't think so but when I go in and save a dollar or two I am happy.

They are getting harder and harder to get good food ones.  Just not out there.  Companies aren't doing many of the food items anymore.  I think maybe because of high prices, really don't know.

Living in South Texas we just don't have the stores like some states do so we don't have much choices.  I have notice some wonderful coupons but our stores either don't carry the item or its much higher then what others had said it was in there state. 

I guess we just have to keep looking and keep trying.  Every little bit helps. Some times I can save $20 to $30 a week and others I can't.

Most of the coupons I seen out are for cleaners or soap. But, they are high so will get them if we use them and they are a good sale.

Always tell Wolf Daughters every little bit I save helps.  Then the money goes for more books. LOL   Mean Mama

Monday, October 10, 2011

English Language!

Had a wonderful talk today over the lunch!   

Youngest Wolf Daughter is doing word power and there were some words in there that she thought were funny. 

Yes, English language is a hard language to learn and is funny sometime. 

Like Knife.  Why is there K in front of knife you don't say it. 

Another one is Knee why is that there a K in front of that one?

Wow! We were saying we are glad we were raised and speak English. It is one of the hardest language to learn and we can see why.  They add letters that don't need to be there. 
Or there are fifty, ok maybe not that many, but sometimes it seems like ways for  one word to be spelled  but has fifty different meanings or you can use it fifty different ways. 

Silly English Language.. 

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Just one of those days!

The weather outside doesn't know if it wants to rain or not.  It clouds up, opens up, rains a few seconds and then its done. 

One of these days it will rain and wouldn't stop.

Anyway we decide it was time we load up in the truck and go for ride.  Sometimes these are some of the funnest trips, no set time or plans just get in and go.  Decide hey I want to stop here and see what they have here or oh wow that is neat lets stop and look. 

Pull into a little town with a little cafe and order and its some of the best food you tested in days.
Sometime those out of way, or little holes in the walls are the best places to eat. 

It was a wonderful day,  rain a little bit not enough to wash us out. Meet some wonderful people and had lots of laughs and seen different things.  

Sometimes this is what the doctors order just get away, forget everything, enjoy the family, and laugh.

Thursday, October 6, 2011


Wow!  We parents wonder why are kids aren't doing well in public schools or colleges.  We I am so floored by this I just can't get over it. 

I have homeschool my girls most of there life's they both went to a public school for a year and then they were at home.

Now Oldest Wolf Daughter is in a College and I am just floored at the teachers there.  They don't help the kids with anything. Her teacher always tells them she is there to give lesson, go through the days work and if they need anymore help they need to see a tutor.   WHAT?  We paid you to teach our children now we have to pay a tutor because you don't want to take the time to help.  WHY?  I am so lost. I am so glad Wolf Daughter understand this and don't need the extra help. But, I do feel sorry for those who don't.  So sad.  Oldest Wolf Daughter said she is always 15 to 20 minutes late everyday and when she comes she looks so tired and dragging.  Said she is going to college herself,  has a family.

I just hope its this teacher and not all the teachers in college.

Then we wonder why our kids walk away with a degree and still don't know much.  Well its because no one else cares about them, don't want to help so they don't either. Sad so Sad.

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Replacement Windows


Last year I replaced all the windows in my house with
that expensive
double-pane energy efficient kind, and today, I got a call from the
contractor who installed them. He was complaining that the work had
been completed a whole year ago and I still hadn't paid for them.
Hellloooo,............just because I'm blonde doesn't mean that I am
automatically stupid. So, I told him just what his fast talking sales
guy had told me last year, that in ONE YEAR these windows would
pay for themselves! Helllooooo? It's been a year! I told him.
There was only silence at the other end of the line, so
I finally just hung up. He never called back. I bet he felt like an idiot.

Survey! for homeschoolers.

Dear friend,
HSLDA needs your input to help them better serve you and the homeschooling community! Follow the link below to their short, six-question survey and you’ll be entered in a drawing to win a $500 Visa gift card.

Survey and drawing entries must be submitted by October 9. Winner will be drawn on Tuesday, October 11, 2011, and will be contacted by email. If we do not receive a response within 72 hours, a new winning name will be drawn. Must be age 18 or older to participate. By entering this contest, you agree to have your email address added to HSLDA’s email list. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Cool Days are coming!

Woke up the last couple of mornings with some temps in the 60's  loving it..  Really feeling like fall.

Wolf Daughters are wanting to do more outside.  Took school out to the back yard yesterday and let the kitty run while were studying. 

It was nice sitting there and not over heating in five minutes and running for shade. 

Nice to not hear the a/c running so much. I am sure my bill will like it.. Its been running it seems like forever. 

Open all windows just to change the air around in the house. Love doing that once in awhile.

I remember when we lived up north.  The Wolf daughters were sick a lot went to doctor one time and he said I don't care what the temps are outside you should open windows once a week for 10 to 20 minutes to change the air in the house.  I have done it every since.   Love the change.  Makes everything smell so good.   

Happy Fall!