Sunday, January 16, 2011

Kidnapping!

It was a wonderful fall morning in the South a few years back. I was going to school for nursing. Got up took a shower and got all my books together to go to class. Kiss Daddy Wolf good bye who was sleeping as he work the night shift.  Left the apartment. Had a long hall to walk down and to the car. Went outside and just felt weird like something or someone was watching me. Looked around didn't see anyone so thought hmm must be just me. There was a group of guys across the street going to school to become police officers so maybe that is what I was feeling. Had my hands full of books and my lunch. Was getting my keys to open the car back then we didn't have those electric power openers.  As I open the passenger side of the door to put my books and lunch on the seat someone gave me a push in the car, told me to shut up, don't scream don't say anything and he wouldn't hurt me.  I was shock,  I just sat there for a second, seem forever to me.  He went to the driver's side and said shit I can't drive get your ass over to the driver seat drive and don't say a word. I started to get out of the passenger door and he said no move over from inside I looked at him and he said do as I say.. So, I did got over to the drivers side and started the car and he said now listen to me do as I say and no one and I mean no one will get hurt do you understand.  He ask where I was going I told him and he said well guess what your plans are changed today you are going a different way.  So, off we went he need a ride to a bigger town that was about 3 hours from us.  He talked to me the whole time, hit me off and on if I went over 55 mph.  Told me if I seen any road blocks or anything I need to keep going and go fast.  I didn't have the nerve then to ask him what he did or why we were running. I was so scared my mind was doing many things. I knew I would never see Daddy Wolf again and I was never going back to school. My life was ending today.  I was crying inside and talking to God the whole time asking for help and asking Why?  He told me was hungry and started eating my lunch, like I was going to stop him.  He then went through my purse looking for money, credit cards anything he could find. 
We were about a hour or so down the road, when I spoke for the first time, I told him we need to stop somewhere for gas or we would be on the side of the road and be found for sure.  Well there was  a gas station about 15 minutes down the road so he said take that exit.  Told me we couldn't stop at any gas station it had to be one where someone came and pump the gas for you.  I thought wow that is going to be hard to find one.  We got off the exit and as we were going through town who do you think was on the side of the road but a police officer. I thought  Great this will be over soon. Then I had this big slap on the side of the face and he told me to look straight and watch my speed and do as he says.  By, then I was crying I was scared and my face hurt. He told me shut up or he would hurt me worst.   Well we drove through town and finally found a gas station that was not self serve.  I pulled up to the pumps and we sat there a while he said don't move someone will come and sure enough someone came to my window. I was so scared I looked at the older man and said I need to be filled up he said ok and went to start filling me up.  While the gas was pumping he checked the oil and washed the windows for us. The whole time the man that was with me was getting really antsy, I guess because it was taking to long I don't know. Then he looked at me and said I need to use the restroom don't leave do you understand. I looked at him and thought you go and believe me I wouldn't wait for you. I said ok very scared.  He left I looked at the man that was pumping my gas and said I need to go now I will be right back to pay you please take the gas pump out of my car I have to go. He ask me if I was ok I told him no I was kidnap and I need to get out of here, he padded me on the shoulder and said take care sweetie don't worry about the gas and I left.  I took off I know I was going fast I was so scared by then I was shaking and crying I ran every red light in town went over speed limit hoping to find a cop and nothing.  You know the saying there is never a cop when you need one.  I was so scared, don't know where my mind was by then so I drove all the way back to the apartments woke up Daddy Wolf told him what happen he told me we need to go to the police and report this. Well I said ok. We went to the local police told them what happen they had already caught him he was on the run after he hit the wonderful man at the gas station and took all the money where we stop to get gas.  I felt so bad and was so scared for him. He was ok just shaken up.  When I went to see him we hugged each other.  The nightmare didn't end there we had to go to long court thing for him. He was in jail for killing his father, and broke out of  jail and was on the run when he got me and other man at the gas station.   So, court day came I didn't want to go I didn't want to see him, my lawyer said don't look at him and just tell them what happen. Went in there and got on the stand and started to talk and he started to laugh out loud and wouldn't stop. I wanted to get out of the chair and slap him silly but I knew I had to strong, so I could get this over with and get on with my life or try to any way.
Well he got life in prison for killing his father and few years for kidnapping me and some time for hurting the gas station man.  I thought wow now I can go on. Well its not that easy. To this day I never go outside my home without looking around and knowing who is around me. Yes, I know sometimes when I am some where people might think I am looking at them but I'm really not I just need to know who is there and what they look like. Will I ever get over this I don't think so. I wish I could but I haven't yet. I am scared to go anywhere early mornings or nights myself.  If I do, I run to the store door to my car and get in and lock it fast. 

I was hoping by now I would be over this, but I guess its something I will carry with me for the rest of my life.
Daddy Wolf was a great support person to me alot. I hate to bother him all the time with it.  But, sometimes I wish I had someone to talk to about this maybe I would get through this.

2 comments:

  1. My goodness Kris! I'm so glad that God spared you that awful day. I'm also glad that the evil man was caught and that you were brave enough to help convict him. The way the prisons let criminals out for 'good behavior', they needed to put this guy away to protect others from the same trauma or worse that you experienced. I will pray that God will provide special comfort to help you. How very brave you were!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. You were so brave! What a horrible thing to endure. I pray that you find comfort.

    ReplyDelete