Tuesday, May 3, 2011

I don't like shopping but when I can save I love it!

Went to the store today to do some shopping. I am one to go in get what you need and leave that place. It takes enough of my money.  If I look around to long I think I need something, then bingo its in my cart and I am buying something I don't know if we will eat or use it. But, at the time it looked good and sound good.



Well with money being tight and prices going up. I been hunting down coupons like a man hunts a deer.  I been doing really good about planning a menu for a week then getting on computer to look for coupons to make the recipe. I also find a lot coupons in the Sunday papers. 



I am still working on getting great deals. I am not one to go from store to store to get this one for this price because it was cheaper.  But, I might end up being one soon if prices keep going up. 


Anyone living in the South knows we don't have that many stores to do our food shopping in. 
Not like up North they have tons of stores and they even double coupons.  Down here I haven't found a store that would double a coupon. 


Anyway today I went to go old Walmart.  Yea, like I said in the South we only have Wal mart or HEB not a whole lot. Well we have CVS and Walgreens but I don't really call them places to go find food, but I heard they are getting better might have to try them.  Yes, we also have Sam's but they don't take coupons so don't count them. That's it for stores for us. 


Any way back on track again. Went to wal mart hand the lady my coupons she goes wow that's alot. I said yes. I had a total of 45 coupons.   My total before coupons was $101.93 after the coupons got it down to $64.95   not a great saving but I am trying.   

So, keep hunting for those coupons. To me its like finding a penny on the ground but worth more. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment