Friday, August 31, 2012

Today I had to run to the store to get some milk..

There was a older lady trying to get to the store.. poor thing no one would stop to help her. I went inside and got one of those wheelchairs and brought it out to her. 
She was so happy and thank me a million times.


I pushed her inside and when she got inside. She said I will wait by the door for my daugther.  I stood there and talk to her.

She made a point that had me do some  thinking while I was shopping..

She said getting old isn't fun.  So many aches and pains.  Well I said to her I rather get old then do the other thing so young.. she agree..

She then ask me if I wish I could go back any age and do it all over again. I thought for a second or two and said no not really.
There are pro's and cons to every age..

Her daughter came a few minutes later I wish her Good Day and told her to go enjoy life and take what we have and be happy with it.

You know that is so true.. we should be happy with what we have.  I know its very common to always want what we don't have.

But, a few years ago when I get on my pity party wagon I sat  for a few minutes thinking of what I have and look around and see others that don't have as much and think how lucky I am..

Yea, once in awhile we all have those days we just want to throw away or not get out of bed. But, when you have those days think of those who really can't get out of bed with out help. Think how lucky you are.

1 comment:

  1. Yep, there is always someone in worse shape. I'm thankful that I can still do more then some people can.

    ReplyDelete