Monday, November 5, 2012

Pull up those big girl panties!

Wow!  that is what I need to do is pull these big girl panties up tighter and be strong and keep one step ahead of those turkey butts.

Here's a couple of my interviews I have went too the last month:

First one is  from a fast food place.  First of all I really didn't want to work at a fast food place its filled with young ones and all. But, I was strong pulled up my big girl panties and went and here's how it went.

Manager:   Hello welcome to so and so, glad you could come today.

Me:  Thanks

Manager:  Well the job we want you to do is you sweep, keep the main lobby clean and all tables, along with watching all the young kids that are working and make sure they are doing there job and not messing around. OK

Me:  ymmm isn't that what the manager does is watch the employees?

Manager:  yes but sometimes its better if someone else tells the young ones not always the manager.

Me: ymmm that sounds like a glorify babysister and maid. 

Manager:  no not really

Me: What does it pay? 

Manager: $7.25  per hour.  Do you think this sounds like something you would like to do?

Me:  No

Manager: Why? Not we seem to have a hard time filling this opening?

Me:  Well it kind of scares me I am older and they will take me as a tale tail and when I go to my car they could be waiting or my tires could be cut.  Or they will find out will I live.
Has that ever happen?

Manager: In the 2 years we open this position only once.

Me:  Once is a enough thanks.  But, I think I will still look around for awhile. Thank you for your time.

Manager: Your welcome if you change your mind let us know.

Me: OK  back of mind as I am walking out don't think so.



Next job interview:   This one at a Chiropractor Office


Owner and nurse:   Welcome to our office we are glad you could come.

Me: Thank you

Nurse:   Well tell us little bit about you  and your family?  Also what you have done in the passed.

Me: Away I went.

Nurse: Wow you are wonderful just the right kind of person we are looking for.
Do you mind part-time hours?

Me: No that is what I am looking for that will be great.

Nurse: Can you start this day?

Me:  Yes

Nurse:  Ok now the owner would like to talk ok.

Me:  Ok

Owner: Came in.  Hello and welcome

Me: Thank you

Owner:  This is what we are going to have you do.  Lets see if you can do it.

Me:  Ok that sounds wonderful..

Owner: Ok come with me.
So, off we went showed me what to do and ask me to do. I did he was wow thats wonderful.

Me: Thank you

Owner and Nurse:  Ok you did a wonderful job and your personality is great we have one other person to see today and we will get back with you. 

Me: Ok thank you

So, two days later and the phone call come: 

Nurse:  Hello sorry we can't offer you the job we gave it to someone else.  

Me: Oh ok but I have one question can you tell me why?  I been to 22 places and I been turn down at them all. I know its because I haven't worked in the worked force in over 20 years and my age put them both together and that don't look good.

Nurse:  No I don't think that was it.  Your personality is wonderful. Age no don't think so.

Me: So, what was it?

Nurse: I don't know the owners not in and I don't why but its not because of your lack of not working or age.

Me: Ok thanks alot bye.  

After I hung up I said whatever to myself. Right what is the reason you wouldn't hire me. You can't say nothing bad about me. I passed all your test. 

I know you can't say its my age and lack of not working in 20 years..


I was really down and hard on  myself for a day or two after these two interviews. I am so tired of filling out application and being told no sorry we can't help you right now. We will keep your application on fill for 60 days if something comes up we will let you know.

Well I better not hold my breathe to long on that.  No one is going to call.

Thank God for street corners, might have to make one of them my home soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment