Wednesday, December 28, 2011

When does age mean this?

Yesterday we meet up with some people we know and they have a daughter who will be 18 in a few months.  So, she hung out with my girls we went to the beach and played around, weather was great. 

Several times her parents keep saying I am so glad she is having fun now in a few months she will be 18 adult time to grow up. WHAT?    I looked at both of them finally and said what do you mean by that.  

They said well when she turns 18 she is adult. Yes I agree with that.  So, where does it say you can't have fun after that.   They then both said Oldest Wolf Daughter acts to young for her age.  I said what do you mean she said well she is 19 jumping in the ocean waves and laughing not acting like adult.  

Ok I am still lost.  Where does it say when you hit the magic number of 18 you can't laugh have fun anymore.  No no don't think so.  Life is to short I told them both.  There is time to be serious and time to have fun.  Right now Oldest Wolf daughter is on break and she is having fun.   I said I am there mother and old enough to know better I have laugh, swim and jump in the waves watch me. I ran to the water and jump and played with the kids.  


I came back and said come and join us they said no thank you.  

I was lost when we came back home and still am.  They are so serious there is very little laughing because they are adults I think I was told that 50 times yesterday.  

So, next time I go out to eat and I see a table of adults and see them laughing does that me they haven't grown up yet? 

Or when I go to the beach and see older people in the water does that mean they haven't grown up yet? 

1 comment:

  1. That's just sad. And wrong. And mind-boggling. I can't quite wrap my head around it. :-(

    Good for you, though, going out and splashing and laughing!

    ReplyDelete