Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Legs are screaming!



Wow! My legs are screaming at me today..

Yesterday the girls and I went up this mountain and it was one of the steeps mountains I have climb in the last 3 months. 

It was up and up and up. Yes, I know to get to the top you have to climb up. But, the other mountains we climb usually had some flat to let you rest. This one just keep going up and up I think they had a 2 minute flat the whole time. 

My youngest turns around a couple of times and says take bigger steps mom. I looked at her who is 7 inches taller then them and said if I did that I would be doing the split. I am taking as big of steps as my little legs will take.

We made it finally and it boy was it worth it the view was just plain breathe taking. 
Could see for miles.

Well we couldn't rest long it took us to long to get to the top and we need to go get daddy wolf from work. 

So, the girls looked at me and said are you ready mom. I said yes I am.

So, marching we went. Then we got lost and had to climb more up to get down. Now how did that happen well leave it to us and we can get lost.

My oldest said you all see anything that looks like something we seen before. The youngest speaks up yea the green trees. LOL

We made it to the bottom and the girls both looked at me and said are you tired mom. I said no but my pants are.  Its a joke we have in the family.  We went hiking when the girls were younger and the little one keep stopping and we ask her what was wrong are her feet tired she said no but my shoes are.  LOL    So, I told them my pants were tired.

Well this morning got up to take the dogs for there morning walk up the mountain. The whole time my legs were screaming.

Legs:   What the heck are you doing to me?  Didn't you just use me to death yesterday. 

Me:  Yes, I took you up a steep mountain. I know you hurt but I have to use you or you will get stiff.

Legs:   I don't care if I get stiff I can't do this anymore.  I hurt.

Me:  Come on we are almost to the top we can do it.

Legs:  OK but I will be truthful I don't like this. 

Me:   I am sorry I will rest a bit when I get home ok.


Legs. Ok lets get moving then.

Me:  Ok so off we went made it up and back.

Now I am taking a much needed break and letting the legs rest a hour then I have housework to do.

1 comment:

  1. OMG girl, your stories are such a good read! I would love to spend a day with you and the girls but not sure you have a cart big enough to get me up the mountain! hehe

    ReplyDelete