Sunday, March 20, 2011

Homeschool Rocks!

I will tell you the truth when I first started homeschooling  ten years ago. I was overwhelmed I thought there is no way I can do this.  Now we are done with one. Where did the time go?

There's alot of information out there, you can get overwhelmed really fast.  You have to be very careful too.  What might work for one family, might not work for your family.  So, be willing to try something new.  Don't be afraid because you bought the books and its not working that you have to use it all year, no way.  There are tons and tons of books out there you can go get to try.  Might take you a few times to find the right book for you for your child, but once you do it works. 

There are tons of websites out there to go too, to start homeschooling.  You can homeschool for free if that is your choice.  You can get workbooks and do it that way.   Lots of stores out there that have new, used books whatever you and your family choice.  Once you done with the books you can pass them on or sell them for others to enjoy.

I remember when I first started out, it was like watching the Wolf Daughters in the cereal isle of the grocery store, trying to pick out there favorite cereal. They would say but mom there is so many to choice from.   Well that is how I felt when I started homeschooling I thought wow there is so much to choice from and so much to do. 

One think we enjoyed is to make it fun. We try to had Fun Fridays and that is where we did alot of hands on things or field trips that went along with what we were learning.   Wolf Daughters were little sponges love to soak up everything and ask tons and tons of question. 

We know have one Wolf Daughter left to homeschool and get through high school. But, that doesn't mean we are throwing the Oldest Wolf Daughter out to the Wolf's and to be eaten no way. We will help her every way we can through college. 

It's a big world out there tons of things to learn and do.



Also remember to take Mommy Time that is so important. On another website I go too and chat with other homeschool mom's who help me this last ten years to get through this. There is a wonderful lady there that always pointed that out to all of us. Its important to take one hour of the day and have Mommy Time.  That is where you go somewhere no house work, no school work nothing. Just do something you enjoy.  Well I will tell you that is very important and helped me alot.
We all need our breaks and this is one time you need a break.  




Enjoy them they grow fast.   One thing I learn from all this. When I gave birth to the Wolf Daugthers they didn't come with a book that told me how to raise them or that they grew fast. Because they do really grew fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment