Friday, July 29, 2011

Weatherman!

Weather is a hard job I understand.   I understand Texas hasn't had rain or anything in over 9 months but don't get so excited and wonder why people lose trust in you all. 

There's a Tropical Storm out in the Gulf and its a small one to begin with nothing big.  


Well yesterday I went to the store to get milk and bread. When I went to check out the cashier said wow you are the first person through my line in the last hour with water or can goods.  Storm has everyone running. I said why?  Heard it wasn't suppose to be much. The eye isn't go to hit us. Not much rain. So, why is everyone running like a chicken with there head cut off.  She said I don't. 

So, I came home and turn on TV they hadn't up graded anything yet. Said that didn't know where the eye was hitting yet. It could change over time.  Then the two colleges in our town close and force all students to live. What?   Its a storm winds are only 50mph we have that many times a normal week.  We are only suppose to get about a inch of rain. Why are you forcing people to leave?  It cost money for people to find a place to go.  Not like up North when weather gets bad you go to the basement.  Here you have to drive hours in land, find a motel.  It all cost money.  


Then they sit around and say no one listens to them. Well don't cry wolf.  I understand if you don't and someone will get hurt you could get blame for it.  But, come on this storm is nothing.  Its a baby don't make a mountain out of ant hill.   Sit back yes watch it that is what you are getting paid for. 

Yea, people need to be prepared for something like this but hey we been told since June 1st to get ready. I think the ones that want to get ready are ready anyway. 


So, don't yell and scare people, because next time they might not take you serious and that could be the big one.  You weather man wonder why no listen to you all and so many people die in hurricanes. Its not cheap to run or get ready for things that don't happen.  Alot of people live pay check by paycheck and when you say things like this to scare people they run and use there money up and have nothing for the rest of the month and no storm.   

So, all I can say is watch it yourself and do what you feel is best for your family. Don't always get excited over a little ant hill. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! I forgot about this panic response to storms from the Gulf! I definitely do not miss all that induced hysteria! Craig's job became absolutely crazy with all that over-cautious frenzy and we wouldn't really see him for days. Those folks need to take notes from Florida folk that can't evacuate the whole state - even when it's a BIG hurricane! The prepare the best they can, board up the windows when necessary, hunker down, clean up and go about business when it's all over. I think the Katrina mess made this so much worse! So sorry that you have to be in the middle of that. I hope you get some refreshing rain out of Don!

    blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete