Thursday, April 7, 2011

Always make Mommy Time!

I started out homeschooling and went with a bang.    I thought I was was wonder women or something.

I also thought my kids had to do everything and learn everything.   Well that is true there is alot to learn but you have to limit what the child wants to learn, some kids might like this or that, another might now.  So, always be ready to throw in the towel and go on if it doesn't work. 



But, the most important thing I learn from others that I chat with on another forum is to make sure you make mommy time everyday.  

Mommy Time is where you do something mommy wants to do and nothing else for about thirty minutes to a hour with no one bugging you.  Turn off your phone and relax.   Take a walk, take a bath, read book, take a nap something you been wanting to do.   


Have the children  read or go to there room and rest and set a timer and when the timer goes off then you can all get up moving again.  What a big different it makes..   

Yes, I will admit I was really bad about not doing that, I thought I had to keep going but it is nice to take a little time to yourself and smell the roses.  


Since I started the Mommy Time a few years ago both of the Wolf Daughters have turn to really reading.  I told them it was there time to do something in there rooms or read and they chose to read. 
Our little library is really grewing with alot of wonderful new books we love to read. 


So, for all new ones out there starting to homeschool take time for your self every day even if its only thirty minutes you wouldn't get burnt out so fast.  It helps alot.

No comments:

Post a Comment