Monday, April 4, 2011

Joys of Homeschooling!

The other day the oldest Wolf Daughter and I went shopping at Wal Mart. As we were checking out the check out lady said oh no school today to my Daughter.  I said oh she is done she graduated last week.  She stated oh really from where. I told her I home school her. 

Check out lady:  Really how long did you do that?
Me:  Since she was in second grade all the way through 

Check out lady:  you mean she was home 24 hours 7 days a week.
Me:  With a funny look on my face, reply yes
Check out Lady:  How did you do it? 
Me: Another funny look, what do you mean how with books and all. 
Check out lady:  No I mean how could you be with them 24 hours/7 days a week I would of killed my children by now.
Me:  Wow!  thats a strong statement.  Oh no its fun I loved it and going to miss her so  much. We learn so much together and did so many fun things together it was fun. Yes, I will be honest there were days it wasn't a bowl full of cherries but there were more fun days then none fun days. What job doesn't have bad days?
Check out lady:  What about her being out with others. 
Me: (how did I know that S word would come up)  Oh she has a more active live then me. Busy, busy, busy, they do tons of things meet tons of people of all ages and do well. 
Check out lady:  Well Congrats. to you all.

Well I left the store with mix feelings.  First was she told me several times in our talk she couldn't be with her children that long, second she counts days down till schools starts and she gets a break. 
I understand homeschooling is not for everyone so I don't preach it to anyone unless they ask about it.
 


But, what I don't understand is when parents talk about how they can't stand being with there children. 
Ok I might be different, my girls are my life and I enjoyed the time with them and all the special memories we made together that will be with us for along time to come. 

I don't understand why everyone thinks because you homeschool a child they are locked in there rooms, closets and never come out.  

Those people need to follow our footprints one time and see how much we do, see and talk to others. 



Don't look at homeschool people like we are weird, we aren't we are just like you, just choice to do our schooling differently then you all.  We don't look down at you because you go to Public School. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment