Friday, April 1, 2011

Abeka

I was ask a really good question yesterday from a lady I work with.  


She wanted to know what I thought of the Abeka books and program as she is looking for something for her daughter next year. 

Well I did have the honor to use them a couple years for my girls and I will be truthful.  I love them. They were very easy to follow and use.  They gave enough directions to help the student understand what they were going to do for the day and they gave enough problems for the student to work out  after they were done telling the student what they were going to do for the day and how to do it. 


I love the program it worked well for us.  

But, like I told her and I will tell others as long as I can. What works for one family may or may not work for another.  That is why there are tons of books out there for us to try.  

I know we went through tons of books trying to find the ones that work for us. Sometimes we would say wow we love this book its going to work well. Get a month into it and it didn't.. 


So, be flexible, be willing to change if you need to, don't  feel you have to stick to one thing because you got it. Could make for along year if you do and no one is liking it. 


Also, one more thing,  one thing I did so we could try many different things was try to buy use as much as possible or if you know someone who has a book you could use to try, that works out great.  That way you aren't out alot of money.


Just remember we all are different and some things work for one child, but may not work for yours. 
Doesn't mean its bad just means we are all human and we are all different and some learn differently then others.

No comments:

Post a Comment