Friday, June 1, 2012

Oh School School School!

Homeschooling is not a bed of roses and is not for everyone. 

Just like public school is not for everyone.  I enjoyed every minute of it and hate it coming to a end the end of the year.


There is alot of work to homeschooling.   One lady ask me the other day how do you do it?  She said if my kids were home all day I would kill them.   Wow that is a strong statement.

Yes you can homeschool and no you wouldn't kill them. 

Homeschooling like I said before is like any other job. There are good days and there are bad days.


There are days you say what? and there are days you say yes I love this so much. I am so glad I had more of days of I love it.

There is so much out there on line and books to help anyone who want to start homeschooling.

The first thing I told her was go to HSLDA and see what the laws are for your state and then start searching.

Remember to always keep in mind because you have the book doesn't mean you have to do it. If it don't work for you and your child sell it and try another one. Thats the joys of homeschooling you can always change books. 

I have done that a few times with math until we found a program that works for us. 

There are tons of website that let you print off free worksheets.    Or test your child to see where they are at and where you should start them.

Another question she ask is homeschool pricey?   I told her it cost as much and as little as you want it. 

There are tons of places to go to get used books.. like half price they sell lots of use books.
On line  there is ebay, amazon and tons of other places just type in used school book or what ever subject you are looking for.

Most of them will come with teacher manual but if not if you contact the company they have been good about sending the teacher manual to help us get through the books. 

Remember to relax and enjoy your children too. They grew fast and learn so much it will surprise you. 

There are tons of things out there to do beside books.  Remember field trips, letting them help you cook.  

Take time for yourself.  I was told that when I started schooling from another friend on  web site I go too. She calls it mommy time.  30 minutes a day just for you. Have the children go to there room and read and they can't bother you only if its important.  You go and rest, or read anything but school or house work its your time.

Believe me that is a life saver you will love it and be a new Mom, Teacher, Wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment