Saturday, August 20, 2011

Cancer!

As many of you know we been through cancer here at Wolf Bay High several times and believe me its no bed of roses and no fun. 

I had a lady e mail me the other day to ask what to do with younger children when the cancer patient is getting treatment or after they come home and you are trying to settle the patient in. 

Well I had tons of ideas as both Wolf Daughters were very young when there Daddy went through it.  I told them what we did is when Daddy Wolf had the treatments both girls sat beside him or on his lap and we watch movies, read books.  Keep Daddy's Wolf mind busy and forgetting what was going on. 
Both girls enjoy the time with Daddy Wolf and Daddy Wolf enjoyed the time with the girls. 


Then after treatments we came home.  Daddy Wolf was always tired and not feeling well. I wanted to get him settle first. But, the girls who were 1 and 3 years old wanted me too. So, I had to do some soul thinking as it was getting hard to do.  

Well I came up with idea.  Went to Wal mart bought several small plastic containers with lids and then head to the dollar store and had fun.  I came home filled the plastic containers up with things the girls could do and have fun for a few minutes while I got there daddy settle down.   
One container would have blocks with little toys to build house or roads...  another container would have play dough with plastic cookie cutters and plastic table cloth to put on floor.  Another container would have colors and color books.   Another would have barbies and different clothes to put on them.   They were so excited the first time I did it and then after every treatment they would be mommy where is our new box of fun stuff when we would get in the house. 
You can also take toys from there toy box and put in we did that too.  

It worked it keep them busy long enough for me to get Daddy Wolf settle and then when he was settle it was time for me to give them attention and something to eat.   


We made it. Thank God.  You know they say life isn't easy and not a bed of roses that is so true.  Sometimes there a rock in the middle of the road that you need to kick away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment