Monday, August 8, 2011

My Talk with Wal Mart Cashier!

The other day the Wolf Daughters and I went to Wal Mart to get some school supplies.  I love buying them when they are on sale and putting stuff away so we can have them through out the year and don't have to go buy them when the prices go up. 

Cashier:  I am glad my kids are done with school and I don't have to buy all that stuff. 

Me:       Yea the joys of having children.  

Cashier:   Looks like you got almost everything? No back packs.

Me:        No we homeschool the girls so we don't need back packs. 


Cashier:    How do you do that? 

Me:     Look at cashier in the eyes a couple and times and thought to myself silly question. But, I will answer.   Just like public schools do.  We have books and we do every subject and work till they get it. 

Cashier:   Don't your kids drive you nuts?    

Me:      Another look at the cashier this time kind of funny.  Then I stated Oh No I love my girls I love teaching them and watching there faces when they get something. I love being with my girls all the time. They are our joys. 

Cashier:   My kids drove me nuts I looked forward to them going back to school every year.  Then she went on to say what about socialization? 


Me:    Another funny look at the cashier.   Well that is no trouble there are tons and tons of things for the girls to do. Really there is to much we had to cut down so I didn't go nuts.   My girls know how to socialization with all ages. Not just other children there ages.  They socialization with people from ages 90 to birth.    

Cashier:   I just don't see how people do it and then want there children to go to college. 

Me:      They can go to college just like any other kid.  As  a matter of fact my oldest is in college and doing great.   Cashiers eyes get really big.   I said they take the test just like everyone else and they go from there. 
              Then I stated there were so many wonderful important people in our life time who have been home school and did well.  

Cashier:   Never heard of that before. 

Me:      Wanting to be a smart ass but wasn't said oh yea a lot of president and actors. 

Cashier:   She goes oh don't think I could of homeschool my kids.

Me:       Oh I said I bet you could of.   But, you went other ways which is fine. We all do everything differently.   What works for one family might not work for the  another. 

Cashier:   Thanks for answering all my question and being so nice about it. 

Me:        Your Welcome have a wonderful day. 


Then when I was walking outside with the Wolf Daughters they said wow mom, you were nice and to the point.  

I stated yes I have been homeschooling forever and I am so tired of always being label because we do and people saying mean things.   

Its a free world and we can all make our own choices in life for our family.   

It doesn't pay to get upset with them it doesn't get you any where. 


But, next time I run into someone whom public schools I am going to ask them all the question the cashier ask me.   I wonder what they will think? 

But, I think its time to turn the tables on a few people.  

We are not freaks we are a normal family who choose to homeschool our girls. Whom by the way are doing great. Thanks for asking.  
  
I LOVE HOMESCHOOLING!!!!!   

HOMESCHOOL ROCKS!!!!!!!!     

   
  

No comments:

Post a Comment