Thursday, August 18, 2011

You don't need a band aid!

WOW!  I don't understand where people get if you don't have a band aid or wearing a cast you aren't hurting. 

We need to all get over that saying.   I have gotten a couple of calls the last couple of days from some lovely friends checking on us.   We all are doing fair still have several weeks of treatment to go through and some healing hopeful we all we will be out painting the town soon.  

But, the reason some friends called was because they had family or friends with cancer and had question.  The reason they call me is because here at Wolf Bay we been through it three times.  That's enough for anyone. 


But, one of the friends that called was having a hard time with guilt and other things. You see she helps the mother of a friend of hers who's daughter has cancer.   She is said she doesn't understand why the girl talks bad from time to time. Why she don't do things?   Well the other night they had to rush her to the hospital the little girl is not doing well she has mouth full of sores, high fever, the treatments are taking there total on the little poor little thing. 


So, I had a long talk with my wonderful friend and told her yes its common for you to feel guilty for trying  to make her do things when she couldn't.  Well that is common we think if we get people moving they will feel better or not think of the illness. Yes, that is true but you also have to listen to them and what they say there body can do. 


I told her  I don't get where people don't think people are sick unless they run around with a big band aid or cast on. There inside can say a lot but can't put a band aid on.  


Cancer is a tough disease and not only hard for the patient but the care givers and there family. They need the support too. 

So, people when some one says they can't do it.  Please don't judge that person, they know what there body can and can't do. Yes they not wearing a big band aid or cast to show the world they are hurt. They really are hurting and can only do so many things.  Believe me I am writing this as I know I do.  I been through Cancer twice with Daddy Wolf and once with his Sister whom lived with us and I took care of her. 

Now with our wreck.   We are hurting a lot but we are trying our best to do what we have to do and to get through it.   Don't judge show  you care.  There may be  a time you might need a shoulder or someone to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment