Thursday, August 26, 2010

Got to Love Walmart!

The other day I went to our local wal mart to get some items... while I was there I was walking down the center of the store and they had carts full of school items on sale.  One item caught my eye it was the Sharpie fine point permanent markers.. they were two for a dollar. I thought wow that is great  Daddy Wolf use these all the time at work I will pick some up for him... So, I throw three packs in my cart went on my way to get the milk and bread I came to get.  Well you know Wal Mart they have a hundred check out counters but only two or three open. I had only five items so I thought hey I will go to self check and get out faster. Went over to do my business, did the milk and bread then went to the markers oh my stars I cause a show.. next thing I knew those lights on the top of each station was going off red with a sirens noise, then out of no where came the manager and the security.  They looked at me and said what happen I said all I was doing was trying to check out these and held up the markers. They said oh ok well  we just need to know that because you need to 18 to buy them.  Well you know me I spoke up then because by then I was so embarrassed the line was forming behind me and everyone was looking. I said then why do you have them out in the open in the middle of the store for anyone to get. You need to put those babies behind lock and key if you have to be 18 years old to get them.  They just both said yes I understand where you are coming from.  I then said WHY? do you have to be 18 years to buy a marker they said they had no indeed its one of there policy.  Ok another policy that no one knows anything about, the only thing they know is how to embarrass anyone who try's to buy one.  
Just got to love Wal mart they are wonderful.

2 comments:

  1. OH my WORD! You've got to be kidding! My guess would be the sniffing of them like the spray paint? They do have spray paint and Sudafed behind lock and key. Glad you had ID to prove you were good to go with the Sharpee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea Linda you wonder what this world is coming too don't you.. so sad.

    ReplyDelete