Friday, August 27, 2010

Where should they smoke? If they want to smoke...

The other day the little wolf's and I went shopping we had to go to good ole Wal mart then HEB well as you all know getting close parking sometimes isn't easy.  That's ok us Wolf's love to walk and need the exercise. Anyway, we park at Walmart first to get our school stuff. While we were walking in baby wolf said Mom why do they have  the employees smoke right up front. I said that's a good question. Then Oldest Wolf said you know mom they are telling kids not to smoke all the time then they have employees do it right by the door to go inside.  I said I will have to write them and see what they say.   We got our stuff went off to HEB to get milk and ice cream. All wolf's need ice cream in the hot summer dry days of Texas.  Once again as we were walking in right by the front door of our local HEB where there employees smoke.  Wow what example are they showing the younger kids?  So, after we got home I got on the computer and wrote both companies and told them how I felt and said it just doesn't look right having to walk by a bunch of smokers when the winds blows the smoke comes right to you. Well I haven't heard a thing back from HEB but did hear  from Wal Mart they were nice and thank me for writing them and telling them about it. But, they didn't have any better areas for there smokers to go. As they can't smoke in a public building, I said what about the back,  why can't they walk to the back  to  smoke. She said because trucks come in and out all the time and they might be in the way. I said wow that's funny.. can't you put it to the side she then stated they were trying to get a building up front for the employees I said I still don't get why they can't smoke in back and she then said something about alarms that would go off, ok make something or have someone there to check them in and out some thing.  I don't get it. She thank me and said she would pass my idea on. then then told me that if I didn't want my kids to see them smoke I should park farther away and walk the other way. LOL   Well guess what today went for a fast milk run and the smokers are still there.  Now I have nothing against smokers its there choice to smoke or not smoke but what I am saying if we are trying to teach our children not to smoke its bad for them.. then what is this showing them. To walk the other way.  I am lost. 

No comments:

Post a Comment