Friday, April 6, 2012

All Kids learn differently!

Youngest Wolf Daughter and I were at a store the other day after school.  Needs some paper and things for a project she was doing. 

Anyway someone ask her what grade she was in? The poor thing stop and looked at me and said I don't know. The lady looked at her funny and I said we homeschool we don't really do grades but she is a senior will be done in November.

She said oh wow! She is a wonderful girl I said thanks.  I was keeping my guard up like it was going some place.  But, it didn't.


We talked more about homeschool and how she wishes she would of done it for children.  I told her all children learn on a different levels that is why its hard when you homeschool to tell the grade they are in. 

My girls never really ask what grade they were in.  They did the work did it the best they could and we went on.   I did tell them every year what grade they were but it didn't matter to them they were having fun learning a grade level meet nothing to them and still don't. I told the lady that.  

I told her at times both girls were doing the same thing on the same level and other subjects they were on there own.  It all depends on the child and what they understand and where they want to go with it.


But, once again I said its the join of Homeschooling you can take a book and go a mile minute with the child or you can go slow with it. Up to the child.

There is no one telling you that you have to go on  even if you don't understand it. You can work a week on the same thing till you get it down to where we all understand. 

They joy of homeschooling!

No comments:

Post a Comment