Monday, April 23, 2012

The Simplest Things!

Isn't it funny how the simplest things in life can make you so happy.  

Why, do we think we need all those expensive gadgets to make us happy.  Are we happy or just trying to keep up with everyone else.

Its funny how you can go back and do something so simple and be so happy and feel so good about it.

Like hanging your sheets out to dry and bringing them in to put on the bed and you have the fresh smell of out doors inside. 

You shut off all tv's and gadget and pick up a book and your mind takes you a million miles away and you feel so relax and happy.

Sometimes I think we are all are so set on the gadget we forget we don't need all of it. We were fine without it and we will be find now. 

Yes, its hard not to get by with something when you are so use too it.   But, doesn't it feel good to put them to side for a day or a few hours and relax and enjoy the other things.

Go outside and enjoy the wonderful smell and see things other then computer and or the phone. 

I myself have wonder sometime why I spend so much time on computer. I think of all the wonderful things I did before computer all the things I got done before computer.

So, about once or twice a week I give myself only a hour a day on the computer so I can do other things and get things done around the house.

The phone how did we live with out cell phones and not call our spouse for every little thing.  Wow I wonder. 
They must of got work done at work too, with out us bother them for everything.
We could drive and listen to the radio or music without having only one hand on the wheel and not paying attention to the road or traffic. Because we were to busy with the other person on the line.
Or trying to text.. Wow I hate that. People come on pull over nothing or anyone is that important you have to text and drive.  Come on.   Think of others.

Kindle well I myself don't have one of these.  I really don't know if I want one or not. I know I am old fashion but I love picking up a book and reading it.  Not another machine. 
I miss seeing kids reading a book.  Old fashion book not the kindle.   Yes the kindle is nice don't get me wrong but to me nothing beats a old fashion book.

Does it make us happy to have all these gadget?  I don't think so I think it puts more stress on us trying to keep up with everyone else.  Because gadget cost us money and when you get the gadget you have to download this or that and there goes more money out.

Why can't we be happy with the easy stuff?  I think we were. But, like everything else we like to see new and different things.  But, we forget those new and different things cost us.

I wonder what happen if everything got shut down for a day or two. How would people react?


No comments:

Post a Comment