Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Good Question

Today took Daddy Wolf to the doctor again. One of these days someone is going to tell us something and be right.

Any way while we were waiting in the waiting room a lady was there and she and I started talking about kids and school.  She was telling  me all kinds of things she didn't like about the public school system. 

I told her I homeschool both my daughters. The first things she said was she didn't think she could do because she doesn't have the patients to do it.

Then she said she couldn't because she didn't think she was smart enough to teach her girls and she was to old to go back to school.

I started laughing and told her you are there mother the best teacher out there. You know your child better then any other person on this earth.

There are tons of website out there to help you and tons of cd's to help you as your child gets older and into high school.  There are co-ops you can put your child in too.

Then said wow that sounds good. But, my kids love people and love to be around people and do things with other kids. I said there are tons and tons of things for the kids to do they don't need the school to do it in.

There is church programs,  YMCA, 4-H and if you decide to belong to a co-op there are tons and tons of children there.   Also there are tons of homeschool groups who meet for park day and field trips.

She thank me and said wow I need to go home and talk to my husband about this. This sounds wonderful and easy.


Yes, it is easy and fun to be with your child all day long.  I did tell her its like any job you take on in life you have good days and you have bad days. 

Also, you need to take time once a day just for yourself and that is what I mean just for yourself no housework, school nothing.  I usually go outside and sit for 30 minutes or go for a walk. Even lay down and rest for 30 minutes what a big different it makes.

She said how do you do housework and cooking. I said well that is easy. Have the kids help. She looked at funny again.

I said cooking is math they have to learn to measure and figure out things for recipe. 
I said its also home - ec. they need that too.  She was like wow you sure have alot of information. Yes I do I been doing it for along time.

My girls are well mind children, know how to react with people of all ages. 
Can cook, clean and wash. They also know how to do oil changes and things for cars.
Yes they are girls but they need to know how to do these kinds of things.


So, I told her if she really wants to do it. Don't think because you don't have a big degree you can't. There are tons of sites out there to help you and tons of people with wonderful information. 

Also remember alot of famous people were homeschool and still are.

Yes, homeschooling  is looked down upon but with in time it wouldn't be.

No comments:

Post a Comment