Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Homeschool day at Wolf Bay High!

Well we had a wonderful day here at Wolf Bay High... started off with Word Power.   Baby Wolf comes to me and says Mom why do they have to use big words in the Word Power book.  Then they will tell you in different smaller word what the big word means.

I told her its like going to the doctor and he will tell you something you have and you will say ok now speak English he says you have this. Ok why didn't he say that at the beginning.

Because he likes to use the big words to seem important.  So,if you  want people to think you are smart or want to impress them, remember a lot of these words and use them on them.   


So, tonight at the supper table who decide it was good time to try those new big words out.  It was so funny she had us laughing and laughing so hard our sweet tea was going all over. 

Finally her Daddy said ok  young lady why are you using them. She said Mommy said if I want people to think I am smart or to impress them to remember these words so I did and I am using them. 

Daddy Wolf looked at her and ok you are using them now lets see if you are using them in the right way and in the right sentence.. So, the next word she used and put in  a sentence Daddy Wolf looked it up.   Sure enough she was. 

It was so funny... I guess a good way for them to remember something is to tell them if they want to impress someone to use big words.. 

I wonder if this would help her in History.. Guess its worth a try. 

No comments:

Post a Comment