Friday, September 9, 2011

Socialization!

One of the big question I get ask all the time from people when they hear I home school what about socialization.  I  call it the S word. 

Tell several people if I could have a penny for how many times I been ask about the S word I could buy the state of Texas and more. 


Well Socialization  is a big word and one thing you don't have to do is feel sorry for homeschooler they get more socialization then the parent does.  There are tons and tons of things for them to do.  There are several homeschool groups and they go on field trips.  There are boy scouts, girl scouts, FFA  and the list goes on and on. 

I never gave it a second thought when I started homeschooling about the social part of it. There was just so much out there and so many things to do.

One thing I learn is the Wolf Daughters know how to socialization with people of all ages.  Not just there peers. They are in groups with children of all ages.  Older adults and younger ones.  


My Daughters have never had trouble getting out and talking to anyone. Its the other way around getting them to stay home. 

So, I don't think socialization would be  a worry for many homeschool families.

I think its just something people ask.. to get into your life to see why you started homeschooling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment