Friday, February 17, 2012

Busy Day!

I love rainy days.  Nice cool weather. Can get more work done when you aren't so hot and sweating like a pig.

I know alot of friends on facebook are saying they are tired of the rain and praying for the sun to come. Well its hard for me to help them with the prayer.  Its just been so hot and dry in South Texas so its nice to see something different.  Texas needs the rain so bad.

So,  got up and pulled some weeds that is one thing  Texas can grow in dry or wet weather is weeds thats about all we can grow in the sand. Those darn sand burrs and boy they hurt when you go outside with no shoes and walk on the grass.  I miss the feel of grass on my feet. But, down  here you have to be brave to walk with no shoes on either the ground is so hot you will burn your feet or the burrs will get you.  So, I try really hard to keep our yard burr free. Its hard I been pulling and pulling these babies out and they keep coming back. It don't help the neighbor has them so bad and they don't do nothing about it and they spread like wild flowers all we can do its keep pulling and pulling. My arms are tired for the day so decide I had enough for one more day outside.

Came in a made pizza for lunch. Then homemade turkey pot pie for this week end. Along with some jello with fruit and whip cream.   Also made home made macaroni salad to go with our homemade chicken nuggets tonight.

See what a  little cool weather and rain can do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment