Saturday, February 11, 2012

Lesson Number 1

Never I say never put the palm of your hand a on a electric burner that is on.

Last night I was making supper and wasn't thinking what I was doing.  I started the pork chops for pork chops in beer gravy.   While they were cooking I was going to cut up and fry some potatoes, I went and put the pan on the burner, I must of turn the burner on at the same time I just can't recall doing it.  I then went and cut the potatoes and turn around and notice my pan was off  some (not sitting right) I thought thats right I clean the burners and didn't put the heating thing back in right I need to do that. 

Now anyone with a electric stove knows that if you don't have burner on high the burners don't turn red and its hard to know if they are off and or on.


I laid my palm of my hand down to fix the burner and bingo it was on... wow that was  awake up call for me.  The pain was so bad I wanted to scream or cry... I called for the wolf daughters to come and help and they did.. we ran my hand under water for 15 minutes then open a vitamin E pill and rubbed it all over my hand. 

For the rest of the night I was in so much pain.  Now I know how a burn patient feels poor things.  So, today I am doing everything one handed but its working a little sore yet.

In a a day or two I should be fine.  But, I did learn one thing always check the burner  before putting your hand on it.  I always have hated electric stove anyway and where we live we have no choice there is no gas by us.  Darn it.. I want my gas stove  back.   


I wonder if I whine to daddy wolf if that would be enough for us to move.  Only dream thats all we can do is dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment