Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Ok Am I the only bad Mom out there.

I was wondering if I am the only bad mom out there.

I never made a big deal with Valentine's Day with the Wolf Daughters. I always told them its a for boyfriend/girlfriend  and married people.  

I did tell them that public school let kids exchange cards and have parties.  In our homeschool groups when they were younger they did too. But,, after they got older we have never done anything.  No cards, flowers, candies, stuff animals. Just a Happy Valentine Days.

I did notice on my facebook alot of parents were giving there children boxes of candies, stuff animals and flowers.

We did nothing. Wow am I the only bad one out there.

I feel there is enough holidays out there for children. You can't take every holiday and make it theres and buy and buy. 

I feel its all going over board.  


But, I guess that is why there are so many holidays out for people to decide which one they want to do.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kris! I'm right there with you on Valentine's Day. I did buy the boys some red velvet cupcakes yesterday because I didn't have time to bake and we were out of sweet things in the house. We make a fuss about birthdays to emphasize how special our kids are, but that's about it. I was amazed to hear one day that some high school kids were expecting BIG presents for Easter. I was completely floored.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda, nice to hear from you again.

    Wow big presents for Easter don't think so the only big thing my girls are going to get is Easter eggs.

    Like I said I think alot of this stuff is going overboard.

    ReplyDelete