Thursday, February 16, 2012

Things I been ask!

I been homeschooling now for over 10 years or so.   Along time, I seen alot, heard alot and been ask alot of question.


First question out of everyones mouth is the word socialization?  Ok what about it.
The Wolf Daughters have more socialization then I do they are into everything they can be and then some.  Yes, homeschoolers get social.  No they are not locked in closets and come out only once in a while.  Yes, they go to stores, movies, play sports.  Talk to people of all ages.. not just  people there age.  So, you know if I was new and going to homeschool the word  socialization is the last the thing I would worry about.  The only thing I would worry about is when I will get some Mommy time.  I have begun to hate that word.  I use it as a bad word.


Next, well its really a statement if I would homeschool my children I would kill them.         What?  Did I hear that right. 
No way I love the Wolf Daughters and enjoy being with them. I never once thought of that once and never will. The only thing I think about is I am almost done a few more months and I am done I don't want to be. I am going ot miss them.


I have never understand parents but then again maybe its because I am older mom but parents that  say not another day off school.  Wow I can't wait till summer or this break is over there they are driving me nuts.   Never had that with my girls.   I look at them as something special that God gave me and I get to enjoy.   I will miss them when they are gone and believe me that wouldn't be long and time goes really fast.


Do you school the girls?    Yes of course we do school.  Yes it doesn't take us 8 hours a day but neither do public school.   Yes, they are gone 8 hours but we don't add in lunch and all the other breaks they take.   It doesn't take a us 20 minutes to settle in and get to work.


Do we dress for school?   Well yes and no depends on what we have going and how we feel.  But, that is the joy of homeschooling you don't have to get dress and keep up with everyone. Because your teacher loves you no matter what you wear. 


Why do you homeschool?   Well there are many reason I homeschool my girls.  One is I didn't like the schools and how out control they were and the lack of teaching.
Two, I wanted more time with my wonderful daughters.
Three,  because Daddy Wolf was traveling with his work and we wanted to be with him and see him every night.
Four, because we can.

Would I do it all over again?  Yes in a heart beat. The only thing I would do different is I would of never sent them to public school  for 6 months.

Now homeschooling isn't for everyone but either is public school. 

I just get tired of the girls always being question and me.   Why we don't guestion public school children all the time.  NO if we did maybe things would be different.



These are only some question I got ask.   I know there is more.  As I think of them I will let you all know.

No comments:

Post a Comment